From May 15 to 16, 2017,the 7th Japan – ASEAN Heads of Intellectual Property Offices Meeting and the ASEAN Intellectual Property Offices Symposium 2017 was held in Kanazawa City, Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan.
At the meeting, they agreed on the FY2017 Japan-ASEAN IP Rights Action Plan as follws:
- Studying for Forecasting the number of IP applications to IP offices in the ASEAN region and Proposing option ideas in terms of visions and policies, both of which will be conducted by the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA)
- Supporting accession of the ASEAN countries to the international treaties (Madrid Protocol/Hague Agreement) and supporting the operation thereof
- Supporting human resource development and management of examination practices
- Supporting IP commercialization and IP awareness raising
- Supporting enhancement of collaboration between IP enforcement agencies
Since the interest in ASEAN member countries in the field of intellectual property has increased, extensive efforts will increase.